Sunday, March 12, 2006

Something old and something new!

HI all, thought it was about time that I showed some pictures of knitting I have done. [ Not lace yet , I will save that for later.]

Anyway first up is a pic of a car I knitted. Now this is an "old" project nearly 15 or so years in fact. I have posted it to show Monkee. Monkee is a blogger who has done some fab work especially lace. At the moment tho she is stirring the net with a funky caveman. Check him out here. I have yet to find the space ships, trucks, fish tanks etc.................!!



Photo is a little blurry but then it is only 8 inches long!



Next up is some "fur" triming I made for my denim jacket. Not had much comment on this one yet. I think people are not sure what to make of it!! Also it has been a bit hot until now to wear it much. I added a large knitted flower on the back as well. What doesn't show is that I used a chunky yarn in green with touches of purple. I then used a purple eyelash yarn alternately to give a purple haze over the green.







Presenting my knitting bag. A knitted backpack. Now this I admit was a pattern from Knitters. Altho I did make a few changes and also lined it to stop the needles falling out. I have used this every day since I made it and it is so useful. Also made a small case to hold needles, tape measure, sissors, pen etc. I lined this as well. I must admit to getting alot of comments on this one. But no I don't think I would knit another. There is alot of knitting in this...!!





This is the first bag I made. Again from a Knitters pattern. I changed it a little. I also beaded the top and tassell. I also made a small knitted, felted purse to go inside. Not sure if I will get much use out of this as it is more an evening bag. I am not much of an "evening" person. But perhaps at the Creative fibre festival it will get an outing.






I also lined this one but this time used a lovely blue silky lining fabric.





Now here is what has been keeping me busy of late...... I have now done another 13lbs of tomatoes. Will be doing another 13lbs today. Have just been trying to buy a bigger stockpot but couldn't get one anywhere bigger than 12 litres which I have already. So will just have to make do for now.





Well it is now Monday. Started this post on Sunday pm but blogger was not running well. Sooooooooo slow and not posting pics at all. So saved it untll today. Have been up to Mum's and helped her with her knitter's loom. She had warped it fine just the tension needed adjusting and she wasn't putting the reed in the right place to create the sheds. Now she is away!!! Was so rushed forgot to take a photo. Never mind at least I now have a super idea for a pressie for her for mother's day.

I have now finished my cape, will be washing as soon as I have finished this post. Now to make a pin. Did try to buy one but nothing looked right. Might try the bead shop in Petone on Sunday.

So will post a pic of this as soon as it is dry. Off to peel more tomatoes and bottle yesterdays sauce!! Starting to think that it will be too soon if I ever see another one.

Knit on >^..^<

4 Comments:

Blogger Gillian said...

I've finished markets for a few weeks so I will have a serious go at the improvements to the blog. Well done with your blog and your knitting. I'm a bit gob-smacked by everything you have done. It's really wonderful, cheers for now Gillian

10:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love these projects you presented, but my absolute fave of them is your denim jacket! Wow, this one looks great, so glamorous and funky, what a brilliant idea!
Good luck with all those tomatoes, and best wishes from Austria!

11:07 pm  
Blogger Ragnar said...

Yay tomatos! It's still cold and inhospitable hear in the northern hemisphere, but my seedlings are putting out their first true leaves, so seeing your counter piled with tomatoey goodness makes me even more excited to see the ass end of winter.

3:09 am  
Blogger Ruby Girl said...

I like the backpack, I only like to use backpacks and it is hard to get anything in a suitable size, I do have a pattern for one, but haven't yet convinced myself to knit it.

5:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home