Thursday, February 23, 2006

I think it will be a bronze!!



















Knitting is coming along smoothly but a dratted headcold has slowed me up somewhat. My darling grandchildren decided to "share" virus's. !! I am now over 1/4 the way with knitting the strips to weave in. As you can see they are knitted with short rows so the strips "curve", Should be able to weave them around under and over in the body of the cape then stitch it all down.

There lies the rub, all that hand stitching is going to take time!! So I guess It won't be a gold, but perhaps a bronze. I am at least going to try to get the knitting all done at least!.

On a brighter note. My spinning group had their big Spin-in today. A lovely time was had by all. We had traders, [yipee stash enhancement] a live band, fashion show, demontrations, exhibition etc etc. Only problem the weather packed up half way through with a sudden squall but all had a great time.

Drat , how do you get the pics to be in the middle of the txt instead of defaulting to the top......hm........??

I also brought some" necessary" yarn for my Mums rug really yummy!!

Well better go get dinner and knit!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ragnar said...

Damn, let it be knownt that the Kiwi's know how to host a spin-in. Live band indeed...but no live sheep I'm sorry to see.

4:21 am  
Blogger octopusgrrl said...

Gorgeous new yarn! Hope you feel better soon - so many people seem to be getting colds at the moment, must be because of the changeable weather, I think.

10:29 am  
Blogger Gillian said...

Gillian here again, Someone called Lori in Canada on "Yes I made that" sent me instructions to place photos and I got it right once and am about to have another go now. If you like I can forward you her email, and you might be able to do it better than me. I'm still happy with a one picture blog-post for now because I get darned upset when I cant fix things so I leave them alone till later. Cheers Gillian

6:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home