Thursday, February 09, 2006

A treasued Aunties rug.

The pile of squares awaiting joining and edging.

It is looking good and will keep her warm this winter.

I can safely blog this as at 90 she is not up to learning "how to compute". But if she was 10 years younger!

She is a real inspiration to all. She is also the one who taught me to knit and it is lovely to be able to knit for her in her twilight years. She can't walk much now and doesn't have the concentration to do the complicated arans etc she used to do and sell so well. But she still shows a lively interested and attended Spinning group yesterday. She still knits and loves to read all the knitting mags and books I can take up to her. I am looking forward to getting Stephanies 1st book to share with her.

So this one is for your Auntie!!


  Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the joy of knitting - for all ages. Its great to hear that she still enjoys being around the art of it all.
Knit on!

4:00 am  
Blogger Eatsruns said...

Hi Beverley, Sarah here from Team Kiwi - if you let me know your email address I can add you to the team blog. My address is sarah.e.moore@gmail.com

1:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home