Friday, February 24, 2006

"Straight's rule!"















Have decided that straights rule, at least for a while! :) I did get kind of used to using them, circular needles that is when doing the Lord of the Rings knitting but the strips are getting so long and kind of getting twisting around each other. Driving me nuts!! So switched to straights for the home run.

I did try rolling the strips up and pinning them but the yarn has been getting caught in the pins and when one has a deadline..........!!!

Decided it was a good time to try out the weaving and see how long, short they were and how far I had to go. Boy are the colours brighter in the photos!! Anyway have nearly finished the two shorter ones only half way on the longer outside strips.

Not sure if to be glad or @#$% angry with myself. I have knitted one strip too many!! All that wasted knitting time. Won't frog it until it is finished, just in case!! Serves me right should of had a trial run a bit earlier. Anyways it means I can now stop knitting on the biggest strip so I suppose that is something.

Cold is doing very well thank-you!! Seriously feel a little better today at least the nose has stopped running so much, just can't breathe!! Ah well a good excuse to sit about and knit!! At least the knitting should be finished in time.

Had a read of the Yarnharlots blog. She was talking zippers!!! $%&*# I need a button/broach to hold this thing together. I would normally make one , will I have time!! Ah well can always just use a kilt pin. Not sure if I will wear it anyway. Not sure if I like it yet. May grow on me when finished. Could always sell it anyways.

Right to the knitting!!

2 Comments:

Blogger monkeemaven-fruitcakeknits said...

That thing is amazing. I didn't really understand where everything was going until just now, but... wow. Looking forward to seeing it all sewn up!

7:33 pm  
Blogger octopusgrrl said...

Ah, now I see it - it's looking fab! :)

10:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home