Saturday, March 17, 2007

I don't believe it ....!!!

Ok I have tried several things and it now appears to be working... for now anyway. So will do a post to make the most of this. Will take the chance that it "saves" once published.

One plus that has come about from the past 2-3 weeks of frustration... as from today we now have broadband at home. Telecom - our provider of xtra had a special offer of free modem and connection if we signed for a year and as we already had dial-up from them anyway it is only another $10 a month. It is certainly faster... :)

Hmm now can't seem to post pics but at least I have text!

So where was I , have been busy trying to get the garden straight before winter hits. May have left it a bit late as we have had a cold southerly and wind and rain this week. We are not going to have a problem of oversupply of tomoatoes this year. [ Just as well still eating last years from the freezer] But it is the year of the pumkin and runner bean. Guess I will be busy slicing, blanching and freezing for a few days yet.

Not to mention the overabundance of blackberries. At least two ice cream containers in the freezer and as well as 3 lots of jam made. [ I got fed up of jam making and when we discovered how yummy they were in a trifle my DP made, have been freezing the rest for crumbles and pies, so when DS1 comes home yummy hot desserts... hint hint]

As for knitting you may ask..well have heard my entry in the Creative Fibre fashion parade was accepted... yipee and still waiting on the exhibition news, they are selecting this weekend.

The commission piece for Anne Field's new book is nearly finished and I am busy spinning for the next club exhibition in May. This is going to be a push as the commission deadline was brought forward so have had to put my work aside.

The great news tho is she has put us in touch with her publisher and it looks like we are going to do our own book. That is 3 of use will put in several designs each. As we all have our own strengths and areas of interest it should make interesting reading. To this end we are going to start our own blog to chart the "work in process". Will have to come to terms with the internet and blogging ins and outs.

I have started my second sock and am on to the sewing up of DGD's jersey. Hopefully next time I post I can add some pics. It is only 3 weeks to festival so must get these problems sorted so I can show you all pics etc.

Anyway off to do some more spinning. Hopefully this will work.

Cheers all

4 Comments:

Blogger Stell said...

broadband is fabulous, we went 'fast' around a year ago, and i did blog before that, but trying to load pictures on dial up, frustrating. Welcome to the fast side. from another Kiwi knitting blogger

8:06 am  
Blogger Barbara Cheeseman said...

Dy told me about you having trouble posting. I have the same - no tool bar. Did you do something to change things, or did it just happen? Is the pix loading icon there, or do you get 'page cannot be displayed'? Am on broadband already. I suspect some kind of software incompatibility. People can put comments on my blog, but I can't do that either! Grateful for tips!! http://embroideryoverlaps.blogspot.com

10:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just read your blog for the first time. It's funny to hear someone talk about getting their garden ready for winter... Spring's just entered our part of the world and I have to rush planting new plants in my garden. greatings from Holland

8:43 pm  
Blogger Stell said...

Hi again, hope blogger is doing its thing, I had a big blog revamp yesterday and added lots and changed lots in my template - then noticed the upgrade button, and lost the lot. Never mind - i found it and have pasted much back in and its looking fine.
Any way, i have taken the liberty of adding you to my kiwi blogging knitters list in my side bar, let me know if you want out, if its not ok

stell

8:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home