Sunday, August 07, 2011

Letter to blog

Dear Blog

Sorry for neglecting you! Wow has it been that long.

I promise to get back to you one day. In the meantime I have a new job in the film industry which is eating up my time. Lots of fun and exciting to see from the inside the development of this project.

I am working as a costume assistant which is all I can say, having signed an agreement to confidentiality with New Line cinemas. 10 + hour days up to 7 days a week doesn't leave much time for personal work. However that been said I did have a 5 week break when there was a pause in filming so am still managing to keep up with the City and Guilds work. Have nearly finished module 5 now. Speaking of which I am meant to be working on a Linen assignment so better go do it.

Will get back to this again one day.

Cheers

5 Comments:

Blogger Candice said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:03 am  
Blogger Candice said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:03 am  
Blogger Miss Allen said...

Dear Ms. Francis;

We at the Nerdy Knitters Group on Ravelry would like to ask you, nay, BEG you! to inquire of New Line etc. if they could publish an knitting book of the exclusive patterns you designed for "The Hobbit". We realize there are copyrights beyond belief involved, but we wanted to let you know that your knitted designs in the movie are appreciated and admired by thousands of "Hobbit" fans all over the world, and what we really want to do is make them ourselves!

Please let Mr. Jackson know about our request. He's a Kiwi, and should understand the importance of knitting in our lives!

Kind regards, Cynthia Allen in NY State, USA.
missallen on Ravelry
cjallen11@yahoo.com

7:30 am  
Blogger Kristin said...

Ms. Francis,

I would like to echo Miss Allen's sentiment! The patterns "inspired" by your work are just not the same for me. Official patterns would be marvelous.

Thank you for all your hard work. Even my husband noticed and appreciated the added depth that your stitched work gave the film!

Best wishes,
Kristin Sheets
Knitqwit on Ravelry
kwsheets@yahoo.com

10:20 am  
Anonymous saylo (Maria) said...

Hi, I just wanted to say that I agree with Miss Allen and Kristin. I'd love a pattern collection (either online, or a book) with the lovelly and awesome designs you made for the Hobbit. And, I have a bunch of friends here in Sweden who also feel the same. :)

1:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home