Sunday, May 06, 2007

Finshed, ripped and choices.

Hmmm a quick post before bed. Some maybe wondering did I make it...?? To 9+ feet that is. [The knitted silk/wool kimono obi for new lurkers]

Yes I did !! and in time, well I did deliver it by tea time Saturday , the latest possible. Thank goodness for some sunshine as I was able to get it dry.

Here it is in the sun. I had to fold the ends in once the middle was dry as the weak winterly sun was only shining so far. Of course everytime I turned around there was a furry body trying it out as a scratching mat.




This pic doesn't do it justice but the light wasn't the best. Here's a close up...... again the colour isn't quite true the silk is brighter than appears here.




I also managed to finish weaving the Japanese placemats using the handspun linen and chopsticks. I had one or two issues and would have liked longer to play to get them right but was up until 12.30pm as it was to finish them. So in the end I "cheated" and brushed a small amount of craft glue on the back on each chopstick between the warp threads. It just gave me more confidence that the chopsticks couldn't be pulled out. I really like these. Here they are "posed" for a shot....


Now the freedom I hadn't realised but I have been working to self imposed deadlines since before Xmas. It feels great to just sit back and think...what will I knit next? No due date or pressure to complete.

What with , exhibitions, fashion parade and knitting and pattern writing for the new Devore book by Anne Field it has been somewhat busy.

Now just find DS2 a new home to live in... 3 weeks to go before he has to move and we haven't managed this yet. There is a lack of rentals available at the moment. It goes to family court on the 16th and he should finally get offical full custody of his two so the timing is a bit stressful to say the least. They might end up living here with us again...!!!

But the feeling of freedom today has been marvelous. Had a good hunt through and tidy in my craftroom cum studio and am trying to restrain myself to finishing a few UFO's.

I did a few rows on this last night....





I knitted the back and fronts a few years ago just needed to do the side panels. But now on reflection it is too big and I don't like it. I like the pattern but not in this yarn and would never wear it so into the frog pond. rip rip. [ Well when I get to it in a day or so. :) ]

So tonight I really enjoyed just sitting back and doing a few samples for my C & G's 5 cast ons done already. It was so nice to do some mindless knitting.





Now what to do next..?? You will just have to check back and see :)





Now an interesting sidetrack... when I brought my first car 5 years ago it only had 81,000 k's on the clock....see how much kiddie running about I have done.....








Ok the pic is rather small but that reads 200031! Yes 2nd 100.000. Now my car is my baby...well she is not been used so much now. DP is meant to be buying a new one having been stopped and offered an offer he couldn't refuse for his "classic" Mazda we are now down to 2 cars again.


Here it is sparkling and waiting for it's new owner, who is going to restore it fully.



So we are car and house hunting..

Cheers all ...knit on >^..^<

1 Comments:

Blogger Gillian said...

You have been so busy!!! I have done quite a few socks and had a couple of attempts at a cotton top, but now that I am settling in to my flat and my stash and needles have arrived, I shall be searching for some inspiration.
I hope that the house hunting goes well for your son. I know that you will open your home to them if needed but I'm sure that a home of their own will be best all round for everybody.
Your obi is most impressive and so beautifully constructed, well done!
Cheers Gillian

8:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home