Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Just to prove I am still knitting.!!

I am hard at it , only 4 more days before the entries have to be in for our exbibition. I have now knitted 7 1/2 feet so about another 2 feet to go and this Obi [ kimono sash ] should be long enough. If the yarn holds out that is. Looking good tho......

These two pics show how different natural light and flash can effect the image. The first pic is by flash and the next is natural light.



Hmm, I think the natural light one is the closest but neither do it justice.




At least the shading shows and you can clearly see the multidirectional slant to the sash. I have 2 1/2 triangles to go then just the end half triangle to do and finished! At least there won't be hundreds of ends to darn in just the two then wash and block. This has to be delievered Saturday pm at the latest.
Hopefully the spolights will show up the silk nicely.

I have also finished spinning and plying the linen for the chopstick placemats. I have tried dying with tea to give an "aged" apperance but I think it really needed boiling in the tea to have much of an effect.

Here is one ply before I plied them together....





Oh I must find time to do a festival 07 report to... here's my fashion parade outfit hanging with the others. As soon as the prize winners are posted I will link to the site.[ It didn't sell so will have to decide what to do with it.]

Mine is the brown dress and wrap on the left.




Now what do you do when your household staff are hard at it...!!!!



Well the best spot in the house. Knit on all.

[I just have to find a house for DS2 to live in by the 30/5 , finish a sash, weave some placemats, pulp tomatoes.....oh and not to mention the longdistance study. You could say live is not boring. Hmm I suppose I should get around to updating the side bar as well...>>>>> :) ]




1 Comments:

Blogger EnnaVic said...

Wow!!! That sash is gorgeous!! Lovely pattern and lovely colours.

:)

8:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home